Job Opening: Online Editor – Rock and Ice Magazine
Full-time position based in Carbondale, Colorado.
Rock and Ice magazine is looking for an experienced writer/editor/climber for our online platform. As a core member of our editorial team, the online editor will work collaboratively with the editorial team to write news, generate stories and oversee web publishing.
Rock and Ice magazine is an award-winning climbing publication based out of Carbondale, Colorado. We publish eight magazine issues per year, including our annual issue of Ascent.
The online editor is responsible for maintaining the quality of all digital material. The position reports to the editor of Rock and Ice.
Online Editor Will:
• Write daily climbing news for our website, rockandice.com
• Interview sources, fact check and copy edit articles; generate story ideas; work with other writers
• Oversee online publication of news, photo galleries, video posts, etc.
• Manage RI social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and strategize to promote website content
• Track website and social media analytics using a variety of tools
• Implement and stay current on social media strategies
• Work collaboratively with print and other editorial staff
Ideal Online Editor Candidates Will Have:
• Core knowledge of all things climbing
• Excellent news judgment
• 3-5 years writing/editing experience
• Solid foundation in WordPress website management
• Knowledge of SEO best practices
• Basic knowledge of HTML/HTML5/CSS for article formatting and publication
• Basic knowledge of image/video editing; web optimization
• Ability to work collaboratively with others
• Bachelor’s degree
• Web publishing
• Experienced climber
Applying for the position:
Please include a cover letter, resume, three writing samples, and whatever else you deem necessary. This position is open until filled.
Send your application materials to Duane Raleigh, publisher and editor-in-chief: email@example.com.
Ticks in Tuolumne. Speed Record on the Nose. Star of Safety Third. Now this. Gobright’s year just keeps getting better and better.read more
Tino Villanueva and Alan Rousseau completed the first ascent of Rungofarka (6,495m) over five days.read more